by Staff reporter
- Sealed property deals with Chombo and Kabila
- Rakes in over $2m a month
- Evading taxes
- Encouraging guest to fast , saving himself food bills
HARARE-Prophet Walter Magaya of Prophetic Healing and Deliverance Ministries has acquired more that 15 properties in Zimbabwe and South Africa in just 12 months , thezimbabwenewslive can reveal.
A source close to the Prophet Magaya revealed that who makes not less than $2 million dollars a month, from various merchandise at his church services has serious income generating strategies just like any other major company such
as Delta or Econet.
“The only difference between us and other companies is we are more aggressive in raking in money in to our business,than any company out there. It is a very sad and shocking reality, if people cared to analyse they would see that PHD is nothing but a business”, said the source.Prophet Magaya between May 2014 and May 2015 purchased at least 15 properties, some of the properties whose addresses are known are :
1. 22 Rubidge close, borrowdale (asking price was $1,5 million)
2. 58 Kambanji rd, Kambanji (asking price $800 000 with massive renovations the house is now
worth over $1,3 million
3. 14 Edinburgh rd, Marlborough ( asking price $750,000
4. 10Edinburgh rd, Marlborough (asking price $300,000
5. It is believed number 12 Edinburgh is also his property
6. 18 Cuba avenue, Mt pleasant ( bought from Dr Ignatius Chombo for an undisclosed amount, it is common knowledge that from Chombo he purchased 3 properties.
7. Another one in emerald hill which he bought from the notorious Kabila and Kenny Ngirazi
Prospect (over 20 acres of land he is building over 100 homes and the project is underway)
8. 2 properties in Serengeti golf estate in South Africa and a Penthouse in Sandton which he bought for R16 million rand its his residential house when he is in Johannesburg
9. He has a property in Cape Town near the beach.
All the properties are majestic except the one he stays in, which is still a mansion although its a single story.
Most of those sellers they were paid cash for their properties ,a move that is seen as evading taxes.
This paper has also established that none of these properties are registered under PHD .Instead they are all registered under secretive trust names benefitting Magaya and his family only, meaning even if PHD is to close
today, Prophet Magaya keeps everything for himself.
While he is amassing wealth his well known overseer Admire Mango is living in Unit L Chitungwiza.Magaya has 5 guest houses with mostly 8 bedrooms accommodating at least 50 people at a time. From guest houses
alone Magaya makes$400,000-$500,000 per month.
When the prophet was starting his ministry, guest house was for one on one sessions, once you
were booked you were guaranteed of at least 10min with the prophet.
Another source has revealed that Magaya houses 400-500 guests/week each person paying $250-
$300 per stay, depending with days. Friday to Monday people pay $300 because its 3nights .They come for 3 days and 2 nights. Meaning in one week each guest house has 2 cycles of guests, and never run out of people .
“People are better of at hotels .Our guest houses where people sleep like children in boarding school or cows in a cage, one room can have between 4-12 people (bunk beds) depending with size of room there is no privacy, the same space a hotel charges $100/room Magaya using the same space is getting between $500-$1250 night? Magaya is making more money than some hotels in Zimbabwe”, says the source.
“Prophet Magaya’s guest houses are always full unlike some hotels which struggle to get clients. They get 3 meals but still how much is a plate of food in town? Rice, chicken and salad in town is going for $2-$3 in that $3 there is profit, we don’t spend more than $20 per person per day after meals, drinks, water and transport to Zindoga to get into the” holy ground”, the source said.
Guest are encouraged to fast so that they can receive from the man of God, this lowering Magaya’s bill for food, as many believe this and actually fast eating only supper.
When contacted for a comment, a senior member of the church refused to talk to this publication , citing a withheld number.